My first year out of Drama School

My first year out of Drama School! Where will I be in 365 days time?... When will I be living my dream?... Who will give me my 'big break'?... What do I need to do to get noticed?... Why am I putting myself through this?... How am I going to pay the rent?!

Friday 23 July 2010

Day 11-12) Even more Blah blah blah

So it turns out that I'm REALLY not very good at doing boring work. I mean, REALLY not good at it. I've spent 9 hours a day for the past 2 days doing something exceedingly dull. And I feel like the world has imploded. All joy has left me. I feel like a mere shell of my former self. And the worst thing? The worst thing, is that I know as soon as I wake up on Sunday morning, I have to do it again. Only 3 weeks...only 3 weeks...keep telling yourself that...
HOWEVER. The redeeming feature of the end of the week is this...
WEDDING TOMORROW!! Not mine, that would be weird but my lovely wonderful friend is getting married and I'm going to sing LAAA. Yes. That is me singing. So I spent the latter part of the last few evenings picking out songs. I think I've managed to get a decent spread of slushy, pretty and inappropriate in there, so all is good. And I'll be able to play them on a piano that actually has a working sustain pedal! I really need to get mine fixed...
I spent some time last night looking for companies that do schools tours in London over christmas. I found a few, one I emailed and they told me to mail them back when I have 'small scale touring experience' - I will have by Christmas, but still! I was hoping for a step up at the end of / start of the year. Shall keep looking! It's not like there's nothing out there. Just not much...
Hopefully once my life becomes less monotone there will be more interesting things to blog about. Although the book 'Male Private Parts' kept me amused for about 20 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment