My first year out of Drama School

My first year out of Drama School! Where will I be in 365 days time?... When will I be living my dream?... Who will give me my 'big break'?... What do I need to do to get noticed?... Why am I putting myself through this?... How am I going to pay the rent?!

Monday 12 July 2010

Just the beginning...

Ok. So. It's done. I've finished Drama School. I am now, officially, an actress. Along with the thousands of other actresses in London, all of whom are in exactly the same position as me. I've been told that the first year out of training is the hardest. Endless auditions, no money, countless rejections...sounds like thrilling stuff. So I've decided to blog about it. The TRUTH about being an actor. What's it really like behind the hollywood facade? Technically, today is my second day, but as it is Monday, and we had our graduation 'party' last night, I have decided to Start today. For the next 365 days I will be writing about my experiences, trials, triumphs and failures. Who knows what will happen? Maybe I'll be on TV. Or on a west end stage. Maybe I'll get a part in a Hollywood blockbuster! Maybe I'll win an Oscar!! Or maybe I'll be sat in this chair, typing on this (Very old) laptop one year older, cursing the day I decided to do this. Who knows. But we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment