My first year out of Drama School

My first year out of Drama School! Where will I be in 365 days time?... When will I be living my dream?... Who will give me my 'big break'?... What do I need to do to get noticed?... Why am I putting myself through this?... How am I going to pay the rent?!

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Day 8) Office job + me do not mix!

So on day 8, I had a training day at my new job. Basically, I am to be writing about books I've never read in order to persuade people that they should buy them as audio books. It's quite tedious work, and it's taken me a while to get used to the format that they require us to use, but I think it will work out alright. At least for the next 6 weeks or so whilst they need us. I get paid per review, so although it's not huge money, it's better than nothing. I'm going to time myself on Wednesday and force myself to work from 9.30-5.30 and see how many I can do. I can do it from home normally but we needed to go in to be taught how to do it. It wasn't too bad, and I met some new people which is always good, and got paid for it! Woo! However I also remembered why me and offices do not work well together. I move around too much. I make too much noise. I can't cope with the constant tap tap tap of the keyboards without having some sort of musical addition, or maybe a dance. There are so many things that are wrong about me working in an office. Good job I don't have to do it every day!!
I had a singing lesson in the evening which is always nice and positive. I have decided on some new songs to learn, one of which is Mrs Claus singing (drunkenly) about how much she is annoyed with good old Nick. Good times.
So all in all, a good day, with money earning prospects!

No comments:

Post a Comment