My first year out of Drama School

My first year out of Drama School! Where will I be in 365 days time?... When will I be living my dream?... Who will give me my 'big break'?... What do I need to do to get noticed?... Why am I putting myself through this?... How am I going to pay the rent?!

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Day 9) Too many options

Ok. Well. Today has been...interesting.
I went to an audition for a tv pilot, being made by some recent media graduates. I didn't really want to go, but I went anyway, and actually am very glad that I did. The audition went really well, they liked me, I liked them, the producer was cute, and I had a really good feeling about it. Especially when they brought out the copy of the last DVD they had done and showed it to me. I got very excited at the prospect of being on the front of a DVD box. Downside, it's unpaid. Anyway. The chemistry was good, and I definately got a good vibe from them! So that would be two weeks at the start of September.
Throw spanner in works...
On my way back, I got a call from the guy who I auditioned for last week (day 2- callback song fiasco). He said, that they want to offer me the job. I was a bit stunned. I figured it had been a week and I hadn't heard anything so there was no way...but apparently I was wrong! They want me to do a 9 week tour (September and October) around the Midlands (probably) working 3 shows a day Monday-Friday and having weekends off. It's paid, enough to cover my expenditure whilst I'm away, and it's 2 months solid singing work. It's not my dream job- it's me and one other singing to small crowds, but it's a start! And I guess if I'm singing in community venues and hospitals and stuff then I'm singing to people who really appreciate it, maybe cheering them up a bit, and I am doing some good in the world. So yes. That, plus the offer of the Macmillan presenting job that came yesterday, equals two paid performing jobs, equals equity membership! Sorted! At least I think I can count them...anyway.
So yes, I spoke to my dad about the car, which he is happy to loan me for the duration of the tour (thanks Daddy you're wonderful!) so that I can actually do the job!
I need to speak to flatmate about how it's all going to work, but to be honest, I'm starting to believe that it might just all figure itself out! I have until tomorrow to decide. Run figures. Talk it through. But I think I might have just landed my first contract!!
Shame about the other job- that would have been fun. If they offer it to me I might send them a message telling them how wonderful I think they are and please give me another job in the future. I kinda wanted to be on a DVD! I guess there'll be other chances though.
Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment