My first year out of Drama School

My first year out of Drama School! Where will I be in 365 days time?... When will I be living my dream?... Who will give me my 'big break'?... What do I need to do to get noticed?... Why am I putting myself through this?... How am I going to pay the rent?!

Thursday 15 July 2010

Day 4) Bonjour la class!

Todays exciting adventure involved a casting for Macmillan publishers, for a presenter role for one of their English language courses. Yes, I would infact be the person that all classes love to ridicule for their ridiculous phrases that are to be copied and memorised. It's not very much, I think they'd only want me to record for about an hour (on greenscreen with an autocue- rather exciting) but it's all good fun! Today was rather uneventful other than that. For some reason a whole load of jobs arrived online at about midday so I was rummaging around and managed to get an interview sorted for Tuesday next week for an independant TV series thing. I think it's written by students, not completely sure. Anyhow.
The start of next week looks to be quite productive what with a training day for my new 'part time job' on Monday as well. It's fully paid so can't complain. I might make it my mission on days that I have no interviews to work as many hours as is actually physically possible. I can tell this is going to turn into one of my crazy obsession things where I think 'I could go to sleep...or I could do 4 more reviews and earn a Nandos!' Oh well. Money money money. I had a daydream earlier that I was rich and owned a flat. It was a lovely flat. Then I realised that I had a flat, and I was rich and didn't really need all the money because I had nothing to spend it on.
It always seems to me that it's ridiculous to spend so much on rent and get nothing effectively out of it. A year living here is nearly £8000 for me alone. That's crazy. And it just disappears at the end of the year into the bank account of the landlords. If I had a deposit and thought there was any chance in hell of being given a mortgage then I'd be very VERY tempted. Obviously soon it will be ok and I'll be able to buy a flat outright with my advance from my Hollywood blockbuster...or something like that.
Tomorrow I'm disappearing off for a 'holiday' to go and stay with my little brother for a few days. It's the only break I'm going to get really so I figured I'd take it whilst I can and chill out a bit before the obsessive review writing begins! And it's an excuse to watch an awful lot of Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment